Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Beareaucracy


The red tape is toooo much! How come everyone told me it would be so easy once I got here to get a job teaching English. By no means has it been. I have applied and applied and the calls I'm getting back are for part time jobs which would be okay except they can't provide me with the documentation to get my visa changed from tourist visa to a work visa. Now the documentation to change my visa is not signed for I take to the consulate to change, it is many forms and multiple steps and permission from the government that i am more qualified than any Chinese local to do the job therefore I can get the visa, etc etc etc. Then I must HOPE they stamp Hong Kong on there instead of the U.S. so that I don't have to fly all the way back to the U.S. to physically change the visa in my passport!
If anyone has any connections for schools or visa workers, etc. in Shanghai, please HOOK ME UP! I need them in my life right now. Haha.

And until that day comes where I find the job I'm looking for (which really at this point is just one that will pay enough for me to stay, is close enough for me to commute by bike, bus or subway, and one that provides the docs), please pray for me however you like to do that!
Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Laurel contact my friend Tom. He has lived in China for years... that's your hook up :)

    ReplyDelete